Red Cedar Zen Community, 1021 N Forest, Bellingham Washington

12.02.2009 Minutes

Red Cedar Zen Board of Directors

minutes                                                                                                           Wednesday, December 2nd  2009

Full value contract

We commit:

  • to maintaining physical, psychological, and emotional safety
  • to working together to foster both group and individual goals; giving the group what it needs and individuals what they need.
  • to speaking and listening fearlessly to one another and fully talking things through.

 

Our Guest’s Business

Workgroup: Membership and Technology workgroup members assembled to share their efforts with the RCZC Board.

Terry from the Technology Workgroup told the group that the spreadsheet from August 2008which contained a listing of tech based projects was cleaned up. Completed items were deleted. Eighteen items remained on the list. They can be located on the Workgroup website. They were reviewed by the group and a need was identified. Much improvement can be accomplished by focusing on big picture projects involving information flow, registration, and membership.

decision: a meeting will convene to address the 18 technology projects. The big picture tasks will be identified and all the necessary individuals with a direct workgroup stake will be invited to assist.

action: Brian will work with the board to identify individuals who will need to attend and will make the arrangements. Brien will solicit potential meeting dates and times with Terry and coordinate with the others.

Joan from the Membership Workgroup shared with the group that she has found some technology tasks she enjoys, working with the database. Kathy suggested that the Membership group works closely with the Finance and Welcome groups. She suggested that a future meeting might include these groups together with the Board. She also suggested that it might be worthwhile to list the member support team listed within the workgroup structure. Kathy also suggested that the Sangha might need an updated suggested reading list.

decision: this input will be added to the workgroup structure revisions as planned by Tim.

action: Kathy will contact John Wiley to review and update the suggested reading list. 

Our Old Business

RCDH Logo: Update by Brian. Brian will consult with Talus. He will continue to work on this project as time allows.

decision: this item was moved to the next meeting in the interest of time.

Comment Cards:  Update by Brian. Brian will make the appropriate changes to the comment card and send the draft to the board. The cards were produced and submitted to the Board. Brian will also construct the drop box complete with instructions.

Brian will continue to work on this project as time allows.

decision: Comment cards were approved by the group.

New Treasurer/New VP:  The volunteer interest list was submitted to the board by Tim.

Action: board members will review the list and bring suggestions to the next meeting.

New Member Orientations: The Board discussed the process for getting new members oriented and providing them with some of the benefits of membership. Kathy shared a list of topics to be addressed during the orientations. Items included: volunteering and workgroup structure, booklists, individual hall use, the library, meal dana, practice discussion, forms, dress, and who is this Norman Fischer guy?

Decision First new member orientation December 16th 6:00:

Action:  Tim will pull out the old Sangha Handbook and see if there is anything of use.

 

Our New Business


Annual Meeting:  discussion on the purpose, format, and agenda.

Decision: item moved to next meeting in the interest of time.

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software