Red Cedar Zen Board of Directors Meeting for:
MEMBERS PRESENT: John, Talus, Tim
full value contract
1.November fundraising drive: The board voted in favor of designating any money raised be used for teacher support--- to help Tim transition to full time teaching. There is an option for donors to designate their contribution to the general fund. Tim excused himself from the vote.
2. We have no leads on a new accountant. Talus will check on the to-do list for the next steps in finding an accountant.
3. No update on the 501c3 work from last month. Yard waste collection will be available mid-September.
4. Work periods as part of practice. Tim will discuss this with Kate (Ino) regarding the Wednesday night schedule and plan Saturday work parties. This will also be discussed at the September 28th practice committee meeting.
1. The board ok'd a change in the meeting time for future board meetings. They will be from 5:15pm until 6:45pm on the first Wednesday of each month. The meeting can be changed if it conflicts with a class.
2. We need hosts for the Monday noon sit at the dharma hall since Edie will be at Tassajara. We will try to have a group of people who are able to fill in. Tim will coordinate this so please let him know if you are interested in being a host.
3.Respectfully submitted. John Wiley, secretary
on relationships, process, values and mission
of good value
upholding the contract
sangha on the horizon