Red Cedar Zen Board of Directors Meeting held on October 2, 2013
MEMBERS PRESENT: Tim, Talus, Jeff, John
VISITORS PRESENT: none
full value contract
review agenda and set time limits
- to maintaining physical, psychological, and emotional safety
- to working together to foster both group and individual goals; giving the group what it needs and individuals what they need.
- to speaking and listening fearlessly to one another and fully talking things through.
1.November fundraising drive: Matt and Ken are working on this and are considering sending emails to request donations, instead of letters. Thank-you letters would be sent to those who donate. The board supports their plan for the drive.
1.Dave's suggestion to donate money from the Dizang's fields project to teacher support was discussed. Because we originally stated that money raised would go to support the Dharma Hall, the board recommended that the money be used to cover the planned purchase of new zafus and zabutons. We really appreciate Dave's effort over the spring and summer.
2. The board discussed the possibility of establishing a fund for teacher support, perhaps in a separate account at WECU. This money could be used to support various teacher activities, primarily to increase the Spiritual Directors housing allowance (stipend), and also to supplementing dana for other teachers and supporting visiting teachers. Money raised in the annual appeal and/or special projects such as Dizang's Fields could be added to the Teacher Support Fund. Decisions about how to distribute these funds for teacher support will be addressed later.
3. There was some discussion of where things are with developing the conflict resolution materials. The committee working on this project meets next on Wednesday Oct 16, 6pm downstairs at the Hall where they expect to put together a full set of draft documents.
4. The annual meeting will be Saturday January 4th in the morning, at the dharma hall.
5. Next board meeting: 5:30-6:30pm Wednesday November 6th. Visitors are welcome, please let the Board know ahead.
respectfully submitted John Wiley board secretary