Red Cedar Zen Community, 1021 N Forest, Bellingham Washington

Red Cedar Zen Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

DATE: November 4, 2015
PRESENT: John, Tim, Edie, Ken
ABSENT:Marti
VISITORS: Bob Penny

Encouraging Words
relationships, process, values and mission

Full Value Contract
We commit:
  • to maintaining physical, psychological, and emotional safety
  • to working together to foster both group and individual goals; giving the group what it needs and individuals what they need.
  • to speaking and listening fearlessly to one another and fully talking things through.

Old Business:

1.    Backyard garden visitors:  There has not been much feedback from the sangha or BIMS about how to respond to people in the garden at night but we need to do something because of vandalism, safety concerns, and evidence of drug use in the garden.  The board approved 2 or 3 signs in the back to discourage unauthorized use and after reviewing Bob Penny's plans and cost estimates (around $3,000 for materials and labor) for a fence compatible with the garden,  also approved going ahead with this project.  Bob will start this project in the next few days.  Edie will have some signs made for posting in the back and will let the landlord know about this project.

2.  Determining Tim's stipend:  Edie wrote up some ideas to consider in figuring Tim's stipend.  The board will review this information and discuss at the December meeting.

3.  Annual fund drive update:  Ken submitted a write-up to send out for the annual fund drive and it was reviewed and approved.

4.  Board job descriptions:  The job descriptions are finished.  Tim will put them on our website with other job descriptions, and they will be available to anyone

5.  Task list:  a) The new robes closet has been delivered, Edie will ask for volunteers to help assemble it and put it in the library. b)The annual meeting will be Wednesday, January 20th, during our usual Wednesday night meeting.  c)Scheduled work days--there will be one workday in the fall, winter and spring, and a work weekend in the summer.  The dates are:  January 2nd, April 2nd and September 10th and either July 2-3 or 16-17 for the weekend.

 

New Business:

1. Information on negotiating the next lease was passed out and will be discussed at the December meeting.

2.  Membership workgroup report:  There are 2 new members of the workgroup (Dylan and Johnathan) to work with Terry.  Tasks are being discussed and divided up.  The membership drive will be changed in some ways, depending on what the workgroup decides, including moving it to spring or summer rather than right after the fundraising drive. 

 

 

Next meeting date: Wednesday December 9th  5-630pm

respectfully submitted John Wiley

 

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software