Red Cedar Zen Community, 1021 N Forest, Bellingham Washington

Red Cedar Zen Board of Directors Meeting Minutes 
DATE: Feburary 17, 2017 5:00 PM
PRESENT: Ken, Anne, Talus, Tim, Chris
ABSENT: Jaren
VISITORS:

Encouraging Words:
 

"It's a lot easier to see what I think is missing than to see what's right in front of me" Rizzetto.


  

Full Value Contract

We commit:
  • to maintaining physical, psychological, and emotional safety
  • to working together to foster both group and individual goals; giving the group what it needs and individuals what they need.
  • to speaking and listening fearlessly to one another and fully talking things through.

Old Business:  

  1. The Sanctuary sangha discussion from Annual Meeting continued with the Board. A temporary workgroup has been formed consisting of Marilyn Withers, Andrea Thach and Jaren Hoppe- Leonard. This group will work together and prepare a report for the next Sangha Conversation on March

  2. On Friday, February 17, Tim and Ken met with BIMS representatives to discuss RCZC building rental and expenses. The purpose of the meeting was to help assure BIMS members that their contract with RCZC is reasonable. Income and expenses have been laid out and are available on our website and further information about business income and expense will be shared with BIM

 

New Business:

Feedback From Annual Meeting

  1. The Membership Report was discussed beginning with a conversation about establishing a more effective way of reminding people about past due membership pledges.The questions are: How do we remind people with gratitude, grace and respect? Do we send reminders by paper or electronically? How frequently would be reasonable and effective? The Board will continue to study this issue with input from the Membership and Finance Workgroups. The Board agreed that we will continue with the traditional end-of-year thank-you with a mid-year update and dues reminder for members.

  2. On behalf of the Finance Workgroup, Talus reported the installation of Money Minder, a new web-based software that makes tracking donations and bookkeeping easier and more streamlined.  Talus will work with Terrill during the transition of the new accounting system.  Tim is training two new registrars to work with the MoneyMinder software.

  3. The Board reviewed the results of the 2016 Annual Fund Drive. The income from the Drive was less than prior years, where the effort typically raised about $5000.  Suggestions included, changing the approach of the campaign, length of time of the appeal and/or changing the time of year. Chris Patton has agreed to create and manage the next Annual Fund Drive

  4. The content of the bulletin board in the lobby is effective in supporting and informing our members of upcoming events and notices. The question is: Do we need a process of oversight/approval with respect to material posted?

  5. Jaren will report on  Zendo & Programs Workgroups at our next meeting.



Next Board Meeting:March 8, 2017 at 5: 30 p.m. 



  

respectfully submitted, Anne Mikkelsen

 

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software